Cain of Heswall - Gentlemen's outfittersCain of Heswall

Open the NuFocus website

A brief : look at some of our key milestone dates

History

  • 1957 7th July, Cain of Heswall opened their doors for the very first time. The proprieters were John Cain, his wife Gladys, and their son Kenneth.
    The premises were just 300 square feet in size and sold classic menswear, sportswear and sports equipment.
  • 1958 After just one year, the size of the shop was doubled to cater for the growth in business.
  • 1966 Again the size of the shop was doubled to cater for the overwhelming growth in business.
  • 1984 Andrew Cain, the third generation joined the family business.
  • 1988 Introduction of a fully computerised stock control system.
  • 2000 Global advertising on the web.
  • 2004 Major shop refurbishment commences
  • 2005 Acquired Sport and Dancewise
  • July 2005 Returned to our modernised store with showrooms on two floors